The show originally began as a Patreon-exclusive six episode show. Achieve It Yourself officially premiered on May 23, 2019 with the first episode being made available to the public.
Due to the show's success, an eight episode second season was announced on August 13, 2019 during the Phase 4 announcements. Season 2 premiered on October 9, 2019 with episodes landing on Patreon early access first and going public a week later. The remaining five episodes of Season 1 remained a Patreon-exclusive.
On March 13, 2020, Kyle Bosman announced via Patreon post that he would be departing from Easy Allies the following month, citing that he needed to find his life's "main thing." In the same post, he mentioned that Damiani would take over as producer for Achieve it Yourself.
On September 17, 2020, Easy Allies announced that as part of their partnership with Roost, some of their series were launching on RoosterTeeth.com. Starting October 21, recent episodes of Achieve It Yourself, the Easy Allies Podcast, Frame Trap, Box Peek, and Mysterious Monsters would be featured on the site. These shows were selected to serve as an introduction to Easy Allies and for the overall fit with Rooster Teeth's audiences. New episodes will still be posted around the same schedule on the Easy Allies YouTube channel and podcast feeds.
On February 1, 2021, Achieve It Yourself! producer Michael Damiani announced on Patreon that the series was returning for a third season with seven new episodes being recorded and produced remotely due to the ongoing global pandemic. They began accepting submissions for new made-up Nintendo achievements with the request that ideas reflect games that are more readily available on Switch to accommodate working from home. Season 3 premiered exclusively for patrons on March 23, 2021 as part of EZX Digital '21.
Season 3 (2021) – Patreon Exclusive
1. The Big Boost – Achieve It Yourself! returns for a third season with Huber and Brad teaming up for maximum friend power, but is it enough to overcome one of the hardest achievements in show history? (March 23, 2021)
2. Fast vs Furious – Brad and Ben put their combined video game prowess to the test against a pair of creative achievements, but does their overconfidence in each game ultimately prove to be their downfall? (March 30, 2021)
4. The Razor's Edge – Blood struggles with a curveball on a classic Nintendo racing game, while Huber has his hands full with an imaginative restriction on one of the Allies' favorite levels. (April 13, 2021)
6. The Troll Part – After being shut out in the previous episode, does Jones find redemption by tackling a boss with a pesky restriction? And does Isla get the better end of the bargain with what appears to be a relatively simple platforming task? (April 27, 2021)
7. Nobody Panic – On the season finale, Don and Isla team up for the first co-op achievement featured on the show. But is their friendship enough to overcome one last hurdle in order to find redemption for Don? (May 4, 2021)
1. Sky Snoozer & Covert Co-Op - First Episode Free – Nintendo doesn't think we need achievements but we want them anyway, so we asked our Patrons to submit some so we can do it ourselves! Can Blood and Brad achieve Sky Snoozer and Covert Co-op?? (May 23, 2019)